Anyone have a Diva Cup?

I'm intrigued by it and thinking about buying one but I would like to know if anyone has one and what their experience is with them.

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 9:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Health

• I thought of getting one a few years ago, but I'm so glad I waited and did more research first because the Diva would not have worked for me. I have the Lunette Cup. If you want more info on tons of cups, I highly recommend the blog Menstrual Cup Info. I love my Lunette, but there are a lot of cup options out there and you should do some brand comparison before buying IMO, because there are so many cup styles, and we're all built differently. I'm thinking of buying a couple of other brands to compare and have different options available for different circumstances (light/heavy flow, etc.)

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• How do you pull it out without spilling blood everywhere?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• With an IUD the Diva and other menstrual cups can supposedly cause suction if not removed correctly and possibly dislodge the IUD. I used a Moon cup (non latex version of Diva) until I got my IUD and LOVED it. It took some getting used to at first with insertion and removal, but once you get the hang of it absolutely wonderful. I used sea sponges now that I have an IUD and don't like them as much as my cup, but they are good too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I never got a Diva Cup because the idea of washing it out and using it again wasn't something that I wanted to do. I used Instead Cups (I think they're called Softcups now) and I loved those.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:40 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• No, I did use the Insteads though. Those are disposable. I loved them because you never felt anything and could wear it up to 10 hours....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• You keep it clasped together. As you pull it out, you are using two fingers. When it's out, you empty it in the toilet and throw it away. I always used disposable gloves when I did mine.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• The divas have different sizes. instead doesn't
    and though I dont know why i do know you arent supposed to use them with an iud
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• They can be a little tricky to get the hang of at first, but once you're used to them, you'll love them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I have a Diva cup, it works well for me. Saves tons of money on tampons and you can leave it in for up to 12 hours which is great. Insertion takes some practice, but I've got it down pretty well now. Makes that time of the month a lot easier, I think.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I think I like the Instead Cups better. Thank you!!!!
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2013