Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Questions regarding medicaid or charity in NJ,please help

Hi. I am pregnant now and I got seperated from my husband,and literally broke. I want to know information regarding the medicaid in NJ and how can i apply for it. and does it cover all the delivery and the doctor costs in any hospital or not? and also i wanted to know how can i apply for the charity in a hospital. please help me with that because i really don't know what to do. Thanks alot

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Pregnancy

Answers (9)
  • If you are just separated,your husband still has to pay for your pregnancy. Didn't he have insurance at work?

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

  • You are still married you and your husband are both responsible or the bills.

    Answer by Dardenella at 10:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

  • My husband is not an american citizin. and he doesn't live in US at all. and my social security says i have low income.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

  • search here


    Answer by feralxat at 11:20 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

  • Call your county to apply for medicaid. You don't apply for charity at a hospital until you have the bill.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

  • GL and I would get a job.

    Answer by Dardenella at 9:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

  • Call the hospital and ask about their charity care program. Contact your local human services office for Medicaid, but I don't know what part of the pregnancy/delivery costs they cover.

    Answer by missanc at 11:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

  • The other mom was right; if you were covered under your husband's insurance (if he had insurance) you should still be covered unless he has you removed from his insurance, or cancells the insurance. You call or go to your local Department of Health and Human Services and apply for medicaid, food stamps, and cash assistance (if you need that as well). If you are considered low or no income, then you will qualify for benefits. Medicaid does pay for the entire medical bills, but they will have you fill out an absent parent form and will go after your husband for repayment of medical costs as well as child support. If you are not very far along in your pregnancy, and it's determined that you can work up until your 9th month, then they will require that you work until the baby is born, unless a doctor fills out a note that you can not work until after the child is born. Hope this helps you. GL.

    Answer by Sierrarose99 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

  • did u find the answers u were lookng for?

    Answer by san78 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.