Does anyone else have cat that purrs constantly?

I have a 19 year old cat. Literally, if she is awake, she's purring. At 19, she does sleep a lot.

musicmaker

Asked by musicmaker at 12:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2013 in Pets

• Yes. One of my black cats LOVES to curl up between my pillow and my husband's pillow at bed time and PURRR until we throw him off. Then he comes back 4 more times and does the same thing.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• They purr in pain as well,not just in hapiness

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Nope... I have one that NEVER purrs. I am wondering if that is normal.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I have 2 that are very purry. I suppose that they are happy with their kitty lives. We also have one that never purrs for 4 out of the 5 of us. She'll purr for DD. the rest of us just get the chirp and leg rub.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Our cat never purrs, either. I Kind of wish he would, but even when he does, it's so quiet you can barely hear it and so subtle you can hardly feel it through his body.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I have had three cats in my lifetime and the first hardly ever purred. The second purred when content on my lap. This third one has purred since the day she was born (according to the owner of the mother) and has purred constantly while she is awake since we got her. The vet says while not the norm there is nothing wrong with it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• We have had a couple cats like that. It gets irritating until they are gone and the cats you have now don't purr as much.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Yes, both of ours do.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Butterflyblue is right, they purr if they are in pain too. At 19 she may be having issues. Cats are very good at hiding their pain. Sleep helps them deal with it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2013