Question about my knee?

My knee is giving me some pain. It is located just right and slightly below the knee cap. The area about the size of a quarter and it feels like fluid. The left knee is not like this. It doesn't hurt to stand or walk. It hurts if I try to sit on my knees (ya know, like in the floor to tie my kids shoes) or if I try to tuck my right leg under my left leg. Does anyone know what this part of my knee may be called?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like you have injured your anterior cruciate ligament. Anterior means "towards the front" and this ligament runs underneath your kneecap. Its likely that you strained it somehow, and the fluid you can feel is your body's way of trying to protect the injured area. If you haven't seen a doctor, you should because it may need treatment or therapy to repair any injury that might be present. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 3:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes, go see a DR, hopefully they will take you seriously and do something for you. Good Luck!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I had pain under my knee like this when I was running alot. I had patellar tendonitis. Go see a dr. though.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2009