I want to ask a question, but I worry about being called creepy.(for 2nd time). hmmmm, what can I ask that isn't creepy and hasn't been asked today.

OK, Do you have anyone in your life, that is very thoughtful and generous towards you and you think to yourself , why do they do this for me? Because they have no personal interest in your happiness except for the fact that they think you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My best friend is soooo like this! When we first met i had a house fire and she was in her car and on her way (it was a 2 hour drive) she got to the hotel shortly after we did, her husband took off work for a week, she took my 2 youngest to her house for two weeks so i could deal with the house and only have 1 child under foot, i was amazed she had only known me a few short months but yet they both stopped their lives to help us out, 3 1/2 years later she is like a sister to me she is always there always doing things for me my life is so much better for having her in it.

Although I have to say I am always there for her I dont feel I can ever live up to all she has done for me. She really is just the type of person to give her all to people she has a kind soul and wants to help everyone.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• some people just love the fact that they're helping others!!! (like me)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:53 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i'm the one that does stuff for others. i like to be known as the one that does stuff for others. but its very rare that i get it in return.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• yeah i've noticed that. i've ALWAYS been there for my friends no matter what but as soon as i need someone i have no friends! the only people who have done things for me were strangers (like when im $2 short at the fast food line and they dont take credit or something)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It's funny that anon and Alicia say this cuz it got me thinking.....I am the same way! but because I do it with no hidden agenda am surprised when I am "rewarded" for it. There's a teacher at the school I work at, (the only male teacher in the whole school) and I get along with him really good and so does my other co-worker. He always says that if it wasn't for me joking around with him and lightening things up he would be so damn stressed. Last Christmas he gave us all the candy and goodies he rec'd from his students, all the cupcakes etc. we were like,"Cool, thanks" and today he did the same thing, he gave me and my friend all the candy, leftover cookies and cupcakes andFerrero Rocher choc's ( I luv those)! ETC. and even gave us old P.E. stuff he is in charge of throwing away. Yeah! our Governator instructs us to throw AWAY old fun stuff, so although I am kinda broke, my son came home with a basketball, baseball etc. COOL!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:26 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i was planning on becomming a k-6 teacher when i graduated college but not im not so sure. not because of the money but because of the way the school system in CA is being treated! i think im going to get my BA in humanities now.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Right on Alicia!, my friend was hoping for a job as a social worker and when she realized how they are so limited on how they can actually be held back as being child advocates she just opted for Instructional Aide at our middle school. On the other side of the coin, I have seen newbie teachers find their calling and realize whay they REALLY want to do to help children. For instance, my sons kindergarten teacher is now our resource teacher, she decides what books get ordered for all subjects and she is really good at it. Many people are shying away from education and religion here in California.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i really do want to help children! i know i could become a k-6 teacher im just afraid i'd have to move very far away to get a job! but i suppose everyone in CA is either going to have to move away or do something, with the way CA is getting (even though i am a 'ritch bitch' and a trust fund baby i know nothing lasts and i want to do something thats emotionally fulfilling for me) :] but since you know everything about the trade how about you PM me so we dont have a convo on someone elses topic hehe
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:04 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• What a creepy question! *just kidding--couldn't resist!* LOL
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 8:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• No, I dont.
    My DH is generous and loves me but he isnt the kind to do something unexpected or sweet(like surprise me with flowers,etc).

I tend to be more like that than anyone is towards me, been that way my whole life. No biggie.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2009