5 and a half month old breathing weird baby

ok so tonight my daughter came out of nowhere and started making this gasping noise when she inhalse never heard it sence she has ben born she is not doing it all the time and dont know what it is i dont know if it is bad or not she is still the lil happy girl she has always been and she is still eating still smilling and laughing i dont know weather to go to the er or just make her and appointment monday or unless should i jst wait till tm and if she is still doing it take her to er tm??

brebre18

Asked by brebre18 at 3:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If she sounds like she is weezing or gasping for air, I would take her to the ER. Are her nostrils flaring? Is her chest retracting (if you look at her chest, does it go in when she breaths)?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I would def. take her to the ER to. If its something your really concerned about I wouldnt wait for an appt. I would take her to the ER just to be sure what is wrong. Maybe she has Asthma? Again I would def. go to the ER and tell them your concerned!
    Anonymous

• Call your doctor's office and have your doctor paged. That's serious enough to page the doctor after hours.
    Senae

Answer by Senae at 11:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• ER now. Don't sit here talking about it.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Sounds like either asthma or RSV. Either way take her to ER NOW!
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 7:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Like PPs said, I would get her seen. Just wanted to add that not always is that "if child is acting normal, nothing serious is wrong" rule is true. My son was running through my house showing off and playing just hours before he was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia across the top and down the left lung. Same thing when he was admitted for RSV and Croup.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 8:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009