How can I get the vaccine exemption form and get started? For Chicago, IL

I have 2 sons and would love them to not vaccinate, but I really have no idea how to do it. Please help me to tell me what to do Where do I need to send exemption form to DHS? Btw. We are living in Chicago,IL. Thanks for your help in advance

Happymamy

Asked by Happymamy at 12:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• So you want your children to catch a deadly disease and perhaps pass that on to others because you don't believe in vaccines? That's ludicrous. You need to reconsider because id be pissed if my child caught a disease from your unvaccinated child. I'd sue your butt off.
    Anonymous

• On what grounds? Chicago is religious or medical exemption state.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Ummm, ILLINOIS is the state. LOL
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• negligent transmission of an infectious disease

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/a-pox-on-your-bank-account-failure-to-vaccinate-and-its-legal-consequences/
    Anonymous

• Please don't be so mean, everybody has their own preference... I am aware about that too. Just want to get an idea and how to do thing. How bad is it going to be?
    Happymamy

Comment by Happymamy (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• call around and find out

*I will never understand why people would not want to vaccinate their kids
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I need to know what exemption you plan on choosing before I can point you in the right direction. You have to choose either a medical exemption which will require documentation from your physician and will be sent to a different place than if you're choosing a religious exemption. A religious exemption has a LOT of paperwork and takes longer to grant.

You cannot get an exemption because you just don't like vaccines. Puts too many other children at risk
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Hey anon! Some of us don't prefer to subject our children to a life full of allergies, asthma, learning disabilities, ADHD, and a compromised immune system because we let a doctor inject them full of neuro-toxic waste, abort human fetus cells, and preservatives!

Last I checked, chicken pox, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, the flu, and most the other viruses they "protect" you against can be treated with modern medicine and aren't any more fatal than getting in your car to drive your kid to school every day... SO WHAT? They get sick for a week or a few weeks - most of the time they will recover! Who's to say the vaccine won't cause a negative reaction and your child will die from the vaccine? It happens! It's not all that uncommon!
    Anonymous

• "neuro-toxic waste, abort human fetus cells, and preservatives!"

Lol, do you ever do your OWN research or do you just parrot crap you've read on anti vax sites?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Prissy, read the vaccine labels for yourself... do some research on what they are, let me know what you find. I don't "parrot" anything, I do my own research. I don't take what one person says as truth, I look through the information out there and make my own decision. And I DON'T read what the FDA or the AMA has to say - they allow too many things through that shouldn't be on our food shelves let alone injected into our bodies.
    Our bodies were made to fight disease and heal itself. At what point did we decide we were defective and start to rely on medicine to make us "whole"?
    Anonymous