How can I get the vaccine exemption form and get started? For Chicago, IL

I have 2 sons and would love them to not vaccinate, but I really have no idea how to do it. Please help me to tell me what to do Where do I need to send exemption form to DHS? Btw. We are living in Chicago,IL. Thanks for your help in advance

Happymamy

Asked by Happymamy at 12:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• UGH Shut up you annoying anonymous idiot!
    OP what you need to do it call your local school district and ask them
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• May be a dumb question but if your kids is vaccinated (anon) how would someone who is not give your kid whatever they have?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Skinny just for the sake of arguement and not to defend anon, which would be rediculous, diseses, bacterial and viral, mutate. If 90% of the population is vaccinated the bacteria or virus mutates because the weaker viruses or bacteria die off. Now the stronger virus has a host and is it reproduced and mutates further. Now you have vaccinated people who are more susectable and say a couple catch that and now the disease is stronger yet. It naturally spreads through those who are not vaccinated and the few that for one reason or another it did not take well.

Now say every person is vaccinated. Where does the diease go to reproduce? Yes there will be the odd person for who the vccine did not take. But They would be few and far between. No hosts as the disease weakens and dies or lies dormant.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Our bodies were made to fight disease and heal itself. At what point did we decide we were defective and start to rely on medicine to make us "whole"?

I'm all for you being a contender of the Darwin awards if you choose, but please don't subject your children to your idiocy. Does the plague ring a bell, small pox, diptheria. Yeah our bodies sure handled those easily....or wait they didn't until a vaccine for each was created and now they are nearly nonexistant.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• and since they are nonexistant as you yourself have brought up, WHY do we still inject these into our bodies with all the neuro-toxins and nasty crude that goes along with it?
    Anonymous

• Well we don't with some of them such as small pox (unless traveling overseas). Diptheria is still around and still has a high death rate if contracted. Luckily it is one of the first vaccines we are ever given in the DTaP or DTP. So the reason we still get the vaccines is just because the disease is all but eradicated in the U.S. the same cannot be said for developing countries. That with the accessibility of worldwide travel means that one person being exposed to it in a foreign country can travel back to the US and expose others to the same disease and cause an epidemic especially among those who refuse to vaccinate.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• so why aren't we seeing that already? not vaccinating is not a new phenomenon. And people travel overseas EVERYday. Why don't we see these outbreaks from people carrying bugs back with them?
    Anonymous

• And by the way, in regards to Diptheria only 5, just FIVE cases have been reported in the US in the last decade - that's TEN years! and none of them lead to death... so pardon me, but I think more research needs to be done by you all who are tooting the "vaccinate your children for the sake of the health of my child!" horn.
    And if your children are vaccinated, why are you worried. If you believe the vaccinations really do what they say they do, you're children won't be effected at all - if vaccines work, your children are safe! Well... safe from the diseases you believe the vaccinates prevented, but not safe from the mercury or preservatives or toxins that lead to a whole host of other life-long problems.
    Anonymous

• for the OP, I would say, start by asking the school for the forms and if they don't have them, ask where you can obtain them from. They should have that information.
    Anonymous

• Illinois doesn't allow personal preference exemptions? That's one of the few good things I've heard about Chicago schools!

And I agree on being happy to let you hurt yourself, but I'm not only worried for your kids but also for my baby (and other babies) who are too young to get their shots and people with compromised immune systems, etc.

BTW, I wonder if people who choose not to vax also allow anyone in their family to take ANY medicines? Ever? If your kid catches whooping cough or chicken pox or even a bad ear infection, you won't give him some Tylenol or take him to the doc to get some antivirals or antibiotics right? I mean, you know that most meds are made using similar processes, ingredients and testing (ie: toxins, preservatives, greedy companies, crooked docs and gov bureaucrats, etc.) Our bodies are MADE to handle these illnesses! Why take something "that lead to a whole host of other life-long problems"? Right?
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 5:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2013