UGH! My son gets nervous around pretty girls, its understandable, but what an EMBARRASSMENT today!

I took him to get his hair cut, of course the girl was pretty. When I say he gets nervous around pretty girls, he gets MEAN. She tried talking to him and he kept giving her the dirtiest looks, and even sort of growling. Then all he kept saying was "ughhh come onnn" like it was taking too long. I was so embarrassed. What would you have done in this situation??

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He's a kid... I would have ignored him.

Answer by m-avi at 3:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I would have told him to start acting decently,or there'd be hell to pay when we left
    How old is he?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I would have told the lady that he only does this around pretty girls. Then say, "watch... Hey (kid's name) do you think she's super pretty?"
    That would explain it for her
    then tell him, if you aren't nice to pretty ladies they won't like you back and this pretty lady has scissors... you don't want to mess up your hair cut do you?

Answer by daylily888 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• 5-8? That's kind of normal for kids that age I think.
    I'm sure she's dealt with plenty of kids that age before and didn't take it personally

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 5:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Talk to him before hand on how to act, ignore him in the act and re visit the way he should be after or praise him following the rules.

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Ignore him

Answer by escuchar at 10:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2014