has any one gotten cramps but no af?

AF is late but ive been having cramps... ive also felt sick like when i was preg with ds... has anyone gotten cramps but no af and been pregnant?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 6:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, because the hormones of pregnancy will start effecting your ligaments around your uterus making it cramp a little. You can even have some slight spotting, but if you are questioning whether you are pregnant or not, see your ob/gyn and have them do a urine and blood pregnancy test. Also if you have pain on one side or the other more let your doctor know. They may want to check for an ectopic pregnancy which is a bad thing.
    Personally, I had what I thought was a normal period just a little lighter than usual for my first two months of pregnancy. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was seen by my doc for what I thought was gallbladder problems. I was all set to have surgery until the doctor did a blood pregnancy test right before scheduling the surgery, then called me back to tell me I wouldn't be needing surgery at all, but I would need a crib.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes, in fact I was talking to my SIL on the phone about how my cramps where worse than normal and she told me I was pregnant. I didn't believe her at all. I just told her I was about to have my period and that was all. She insisted I take a pregnancy test and sure enough I was pregnant. Have you taken a pregnancy test yet? If it came back negative I would wait a few more days and if still no AF I would either take another one or go to the doctor.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• actually yes i am going through the same thing right now i have not had a normal period in three months the first month i spotted for one day,than last month nothing and this month still nothing i am on bc so i am not sure whats going on,i have cramps adn feel sick and tired i took a test about two weeks ago and it was negative so than i recently took another one mon.,same results.i think i am going to have to go see a dr. bc something is not right.they say stress will mess things up but i don't think that is whats causeing it.good luck andf if i was you i would go and get it checked out.
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 7:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It felt like AF was going to come on anytime for a couple weeks, but never did......

Good luck!!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2009