Painless contractions?

Is it possible someone can have painless contractions & it just feel like alot of pressure in your pelvic region & really be going into labor.

AngelNValdez

Asked by AngelNValdez at 7:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Those sound like Braxton Hicks. You'll be able to tell the difference because they won't be regular
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Yep

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Lol no I'm having painful contractions, I was just wondering if women were able to have painless contractions & still really be going into labor. They are lucky
    AngelNValdez

Comment by AngelNValdez (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• A good friend of mines 'labor pain' was just a lot of pressure and sever cramping. She had to have pre-approval from her Insurance to head to the hospital and because she could talk through the pain and she was a week before her due date they told her to wait until the office opened in the AM. She called them back several times because she began vomiting and feeling light headed but they said she had a bug and was dehydrated and to drink and go straight to her OB int he morning... so int he AM she got to her OB. They checked her cervix and she was dilated to an 8.5. She got to the hospital and she and practically gave birth in the hallway.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Yes, No
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• With my first I had no painful contractions. My contractions felt like I had to pee every 2 minutes.. Took me a while to figure out that yep I was in labor and those were contractions...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• With my 2nd, I had a lot of pressure under my left lung and at the same time, my whole abdomin felt very tense, almost to the point of causing me to feel breathless. This was about every 7 to 10 minutes for about a minute and a half. It wasn't painful but I knew I was in labor because I was in the hospital being induced and was dilated to a 4. I went ahead and asked for an epidural because I didn't want to wait till things got painful and risk waiting too late for one.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• It usualy feels like your getting ready to start your period and at first it wont hurt but then it will gradualy just get worse.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• With my son it was just cramps like starting my period. They werent really painful at all. The nurses didnt think I was actually in labor lol.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• With my dd I didnt feel a single contraction. I arrived at the hospital after my water broke at 8cm.. deliverd in 20m naturally no drugs and minimal pain. Clearly I was just lucky with her. 41 weeks along now and considerable pain.
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 8:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2013