Ever feel like you dont matter to anyone...even your kida?... im feeling a bit depressed and lonely plz help me

My therapist don't help much with advice cuz she only says to write in my journal but it just makes me realize if I really mattered id have friends who don't care that I am a mom to 2 at 21 yrs old and married. And mature enought not to be like most 21 yr olda and I have no family either ugh plz help me...I been like this since I lost our daughter jada in janurary

mamide02ninas

Asked by mamide02ninas at 7:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in Health

• You lost a child in January, just a month ago? No wonder you are depressed. You are grieving!

Isolation is the worst thing for anyone - esp. a young mother. Try to find mother's groups in your area. Be around Real People - course CM is fun, but it is all virtual and gives back nothing.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I am sorry for your loss, you need to find perhaps a grief support group and get out. Mommy and me with your other children etc. Hugs momma!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I was 7 months pregnant with her...we held her took a few picsthen layed her to rest
    mamide02ninas

Comment by mamide02ninas (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I am so sorry for your loss.

hugs

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I'm so sorry for your loss Hun.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I'm so sorry for your loss. You are grieving and the depression is a part of that process. Try not to get stuck in one step of the grieving process. Maybe a support group for people who have been in your shoes. You might also try to find a new therapist. She doesn't seem to be a good fit for you. Sometimes with therapy you need to keep searching until you find a therapist who really clicks with you.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Gosh, I am so sorry for your loss. One thing that may help is just getting out of the house. See if the parks dept has a fun class like knitting, chess or whatever you enjoy. Go for a short walk everyday. Go to the mall or antique store and just walk around. When you feel better join a book club or quilting circle or something where you can meet other people and make some friends. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Sorry for your loss, I hope that in time you will start to pull out of your depression.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 9:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I'm so sorry for your loss. You've been through one of the worst heartbreaks imaginable. Give yourself time to grieve. No wonder you feel depressed. You're probably busy and worn out, but at least try to get out in the sun for fifteen or twenty minutes every day.

And journaling doesn't work for everybody. I never had a bit of luck with it. If that's the best your therapist can do, find a new one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• {{hugs}} Your children do need you... they're just not old enough to show you that yet. It comes SO much later...unless you had your oldest when you were ten, it's early to expect him or her to be out of the "selfish" stage of childhood.

Do find another therapist. This one isn't working for you. Also seek out support groups; your hospital's maternity department or your OB may well be able to refer you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2013