Anyone else have an @sshole kid?

Ds is 8 and he is a complete and total ass. I know he can't help it. He has ODD, ADHD and they are testing him for bi-polar disorder ( his bio-dad has it as does his bio dad's sister but they are not like him! ) but OMG I can not handle this kids attitude. He is stomping his feet and throwing his stuff because I said it was bed time and he could not watch youtube videos and if he kept it up he would loose all computer time for the weekend... well he kept it up so they are gone and now he is really being a butt. intentionally yelling to keep his sister awake and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. I could bribe and take things away until I am blue in the face but he will still do it. I could spank him but then he would fly off the handle and starting hitting me and his sister and it would turn into a physical fight- me spanking followed by him hitting- followed by me spanking... I am at my freaking wits end. The kid has been self contained in school since 1st grade and I have had him in play therapy and counseling since he was 5 and he started anti-psychotics last year. What am I supposed to do? All his school can suggest is waiting until he is 11 and committing him to an inpatient program that his insurance ( as of now) will not cover and I sure as hell don't have the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• YOU need help.... Like NOW!! An 8 year old isn't old enough to be an asshole yet!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Ignore him. Sop fighting with him, let him have his fit.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I have been looking for more help since last year- he is a big boy and he can over power me. I have been so close to calling the police during his fits before but then I feel stupid that I can't handle my own 8 year old but then at the same time I have having to tell my DD (6) to go into my room and lock herself in until he is done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Good grief!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I can't let it be- he attacks us and throws things- he broke a window with a chair once and had to get stitches in his hands.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• My guess is that YOU are a big part of the problem. Who the FUCK calls their own child an asshole?

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Anonymous

• You need respite help for yourself and you need much more intensive help for your son (and your daughter). First, you need to quit spanking because, clearly, you're doing it out of anger and it's fueling HIS anger and that's a bad recipe.

Have you gotten in touch with social services?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• While my kids have their moments, I'd never call them an asshole. I hope you don't say that to him. That is emotional abuse. It seems he has a lot going on maybe you should see a psychiatrist also to help you with dealing with him?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I don't call him that to his face- for pete's sake! I'm not stupid. I am just frustrated and at a brick wall. There is nothing else I can do that I know of. I though someone who had experience might have an idea. I should have known form past experiences here that that was not true. Any time I ever come here for help with my son I get called names or told I am a lier. It has been a while- but I guess nothing has changed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2013