Anyone else have an @sshole kid?

Ds is 8 and he is a complete and total ass. I know he can't help it. He has ODD, ADHD and they are testing him for bi-polar disorder ( his bio-dad has it as does his bio dad's sister but they are not like him! ) but OMG I can not handle this kids attitude. He is stomping his feet and throwing his stuff because I said it was bed time and he could not watch youtube videos and if he kept it up he would loose all computer time for the weekend... well he kept it up so they are gone and now he is really being a butt. intentionally yelling to keep his sister awake and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. I could bribe and take things away until I am blue in the face but he will still do it. I could spank him but then he would fly off the handle and starting hitting me and his sister and it would turn into a physical fight- me spanking followed by him hitting- followed by me spanking... I am at my freaking wits end. The kid has been self contained in school since 1st grade and I have had him in play therapy and counseling since he was 5 and he started anti-psychotics last year. What am I supposed to do? All his school can suggest is waiting until he is 11 and committing him to an inpatient program that his insurance ( as of now) will not cover and I sure as hell don't have the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• He is seeing a psychiatrist that is how he has the anti-psychotics. But all she does is prescribe meds and do profiles and what not to narrow down the cause of his behavior. He sees a Family counselor once a week and gets anger management in school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• People seem to not be able to look past you calling your kid an asshole. Maybe it is the way you are wording your questions.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• My aunt has a son who has OCD, mild aspergers, ans sensory disorder. He can be a handful? She's a single mom and it's hard on her she started therapy and it's really helped her. I would seriously look into it.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• He is already in play therapy as much as insurance will cover which is twice a month plus he sees the counselor twice a month and the psych. every other month now. It was once a month until a few months ago.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Oh and I have not spanked him since he was 6 and he slapped me across the face and then he tried to choke his sister after. Which why I have her hide when he is wound up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• "Which why I have her hide when he is wound up. " Huh?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Honestly I didn't even read past "Anyone else have an @sshole kid? Ds is 8 and he is a complete and total ass." Which was all I had to see to know that you need help...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Kids learn by example. Guess who he is learning from....YOU
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I've read that before ^^^. I can't remember how long ago, but it was posted before.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• by george m-avi you may be onto something
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:29 PM on Feb. 1, 2013