What can be done about this? (damage on vehicle body)

About 2 yrs. ago we purchased a '95 corvette it's in great shape and my dh & I drive on special days like when the kids are in school...well the other day we took it for a spin and decided to wash our car at the car wash well I haven't been to this car wash in awhile and did not think anything of it but 1 week later we notice a big scratch right on the left side by the left light. I could not think what could have happened bc the car is usually parked in our garage except for this day.
What do you think we can do I have no proof other than what I just explained :/ and a receipt.
If there is nothing we can do oh well :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Nope... there is no way to prove it was the carwash. Heck... it could have been one of your kids. If you didn't notice it and show it to the attendant before you left, then there is nothing you can do. I am not even sure if you talked to the attendant right away that you would be able to prove it was their fault.

It sucks though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• The minute you left the car wash your chances for reimbursement were gone.
    CuriousArentYa

Answer by CuriousArentYa at 9:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Nothing you can do you can't prove anything.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Nothing you can do. You left there, so they can argue that you could have gone to any number of other places and had it happen, and you can't prove that you didn't. And if you did go anywhere else that day, it could have happened there. Even if you're one of those people that parks way out at the end of the parking lot so people are less likely to park next to you - someone still could have parked next to you and done it - and realized they did it, and moved rather than own up to it.

All you can do is suck it up and deal with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2013