I know its not right but I had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing....

my daughter has profound autism and barely speaks. When she does its two or three word sentences. She will bring me a cup and say drink please. Or Say go nite nite. Things like that. She is 7 btw.
So tonight she is watching Beauty and the Beast and her 5 year old brother, just to antagonize her is walking back and forth in front of the screen. she is crying and groaning and kicking her feet and getting upset and I asked him a couple of times to stop and to please sit down and watch the movie and to be nice to his sister. So he sits down, for about 5 minutes then gets up and does the same thing.
Out of the blue my daughter yells at the top of her lungs "Move out of the way Stupid!"
I almost dropped my cup of tea. I didn't want to laugh because obviously that was mean to say but to hear that from her was one of those priceless moments.
I did tell her that wasn't nice and don't call your brother stupid but I was secretly giggling just for the fact that she actually said that. Show that she can speak when she really wants to get her point across.

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 9:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have had many moments where I had to balance between the "That's not OK" and "You go, boy!" with my 13 yo autistic son. He is 13 and my 3 year old has better speech skills, but there are times he is so typical that I just have to cheer! At those times, I usually opt for the cheering, but temper it with a "Great sentence, but can we pick a nicer word next time?"
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• This made me smile too. There have been MANY times I have had to hide my laughter from my kids. One of the best things about being a parent.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Aww, I giggled too. You'll likely remember that forever.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• LOL! So good to know she can defend herself!
    I bet brother was shocked!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• last year, year and half ago
    i had situation that is same
    daughter mad over something that i do not remember now
    she expressed her feelings
    and all i could do was count the words she used
    when i re read Jenny McCarthy's book
    she had same thing- her son pissed, used words, and she was so excited, she counted the words

congrates
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I understand your giggly moment! Way to go for you all, maybe he will stay out of her way now....but them again if it gets 4-5 words LOL
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• This totally made me smile. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Aaaawwwwwww
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Still smiling as I type this. Lol, that's awesome.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• Yay for your DD! That made me grin, too.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2013