What do you do to earn extra money when its not feasible to have a job?

Like sell crap on craigslist. Have yard sales in the summer. Babysit.

Anything?

I need to invent something or build a business. Or just sell more crap online.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Money & Work

• Flash your clitoris on the internet.

LMAP! Sorry, Staci!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I used to freelance as a writer for local publications. About $25 an article.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I plan very well. I save couplons and I plan my mealse around the coupons and the sales. I plan trips so I go in a circle making stops upnil I am back home I lower the thermostat and turn off extra lights and other electronic items. And I also make do. If I need extra cash, I hang my shilgle out to sew items for people, Usually alterations or Eastter dresses,
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• You could go to thrift stores, find brand name kids clothes like Gap, Children's Place etc. that are in good condition. Then sell them on ebay.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I take online surveys. Some pay in money to Paypal, some in gift certificates to Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, and so on. Now and then some of them are product tests, so as well as getting a buck or two for the survey, I get a soup mix or a bottle of barbecue sauce, shampoo, or soda, stuff like that. I got a ton of diapers and wipes by doing product tests when my daughter needed that stuff.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• We would clean up the kitchen and "main hall" after church functions where they served food.
    other than that, sell stuff on ebay or pawn shops. Our town has a garage sale facebook page. things sell good on there....and they go fast too!
    Obviously I dont know your situation, but is it possible to do a paper route? I know most people think its a crappy low paying job. But me and my husband started out delivering papers 4 years ago, mostly to stores. Made about $500 every 2 weeks. Now weve become the people in charge of everything for many cities and make around $4000 every 2 weeks. We got lucky with that though. Its a pretty easy job for the money and you can take your kid(s) with you.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 1:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• They might pay MORE if it's broken! Like a clitoris freakshow!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• As far as plasma donation, I'd call the plasma procurement center first---the rules can vary, but many of them will not allow you to donate if you're nursing. None of them will allow you to donate if you're pregnant. None of them will let you bring a child in with you to wait while you donate. (But many people try)
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Anne. Would people pay to see a broken one???

Gina. That sounds great!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I'm thinking of selling plasma. I heard they pay pretty well for that. Not sure if they would let a nursing mom do it tho. That's about the only part of my body worth selling. Of course there's always cash for gold & silver. I can't do a garage sale until the weather warms up. I'm a little leery of selling online, but do know some who have tried it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2013