Will wearing pull ups at night, interfere with going to the potty during the day?

My 3 year old son was very hard to potty train but he still wets the bed. I get up 3 times a night to take him to the bathroom and it's becoming a problem, so will pull ups at night give him the ideal that he does not have to go to the potty room anymore?

luv.My.JK

Asked by luv.My.JK at 1:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We did not have a problem with our daughter with that. There were 2-1/2 years in between where she was daytime potty trained and when she was able to no longer wear a Pull-Up at night.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• It didn't cause a problem for us. During the day he was in underwear and knew he couldn't wet himself in those. But at night I'm not sure ifhe even knows he has to go.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Thanks
    luv.My.JK

Comment by luv.My.JK (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Shouldnt be a problem, my daughter was potty trained at night about 6 mths after she was potty trained during the day, just start to monitor liquids after 4pm or so, still give her drinks when thirsty but in smaller amts
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I think that most children go through a pull-ups at night phase. There are not many who are dry during the day and night at exactly the same time. I wouldn't worry about it :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• No, my youngest has been fully potty trained during the day for about 9 months now. and, has been wearing pull-ups at night only. But, she's almost 3 1/2 and I'm about to stop doing that because she only goes in her pull-up about once a month & usually makes it through the night day.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I think it actually helps my DD because she hates to wet herself so much that not having the pull up at night stressed her out when she accidentally wet the bed. She actually still gets up in the night if she realizes she need to go potty even if she's wearing pull ups.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I don't think it's too bad at that age.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Maybe try a night light and just keep reminding him that their like underwear and you dont want to ruin your cool underwear like pullups like kinda trick him so then he feels more independent. Also maybe try a bathroom nightime chart and reward him if he goes like five nights in a row with using the bathroom not his pullup then he gets a doller store toy and the more he stars he gets the bigger the award.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:36 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I refused to get up every night and change bed sheets, I am not doing that. I put her in a "night time" pull up and "big girl panties" during the day. Why put yourself through bed changing in the middle of the night. They all grow up and will most likely be potty trained before going to kindergarten so dont stress, throw on the pull up and get some sleep.
    Aubsnjack

Answer by Aubsnjack at 7:40 AM on Feb. 25, 2013