Did you see what China's Responce loaning us the money to Fund Obama's Stimulus?

Luo Ping, a director-general at the China Banking Regulatory Commission, said after a speech in New York that China would continue to buy Treasuries in spite of its misgivings about US finances....

“We hate you guys. Once you start issuing $1 trillion-$2 trillion, we know the dollar is going to depreciate, so we hate you guys but there is nothing much we can do.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ba857be6-f88f-11dd-aae8-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

What are your thoughts?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This makes me sick. To think that SOME politicians are perfectly OK with watching the American Dollar LOSE VALUE even more for projects like Millions of Dollars for the National Endownment for the Arts. Which does very little to stimulate the economy.

So when we are paying $5.00-7.00/gallon for milk, thank the stimulus plan and THOSE who voted for it. Hopefuly, I will be saying thank you by elected their asses outta there.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I'm not happy to hear about this at all. I'm really pissed knowing this stimulus was passed without congress even reading 1,100 pages! All of what is on those pages should have been readily available for US to read. They could have taken more time to fkn read. Hell they don't even know what is in it but they approved it! And China can KMA. I try to avoid buying anything from them but it's hard because that's mostly what he damn sell here! Also in some places like HAWAII that is what they are paying for milk and gas, go figure!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• At least it's on record as ZERO House Republicans supported it! So, when people expecting their "stimulus check" don't get one, and unemployment and the cost of living go through the roof, we can say, at least WE didn't vote for it!

Unfortunately, the only way Republicans WON'T be blamed for this debacle is WHEN Obama and his administration fail--unfortunately, though when he fails, America will have failed. All we can say then is we (Republican, conservatives, economically intelligent ones) tried.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Its sad and I am ashamed of our leaders.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• All's I can say is, America - be ready for a very bumpy ride!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• People are we starting to wake up and smell the coffee???

Its about time. This whole thing is disgusting.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• You know, I am finding it really ironic that politicians were admonishing the bankers for "wanting their bar tab paid so they can go out and get drunk again", yet China is saying practically the same thing with this comment. The parallels are astounding. Pot, meet Kettle.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• But when you are already in bed with the devil....
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• yup, my uncle lives in Italy for the time being.. and constantly says he's sometimes afraid to tell people he is an American because they laugh about us.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Unfortunately, the only way Republicans WON'T be blamed for this debacle is WHEN Obama and his administration fail--unfortunately, though when he fails, America will have failed.

Liberals will blame this on Bush anyway. Didn't you know he is a total moron and an evil genius.lol
    Anonymous