My Yahoo email was hacked!!

My yahoo email acct. was hacked & whoever did it went thru my contacts & sent out a bunch of stuff that looks like it came from me but really didn't. My computer is in for possible repairs right now & I'm using hubby's laptop which I'm not used to. So plz 4give any errors due to the extra sensitive keys! Also, I did change passwords on my accts & alerted everyone I could think of on my contacts not to open the emails. Has this ever happened to you?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Technology

• You can get viruses through many methods nowadays, such as simply viewing a site with embedded scripts that may have been found through search results. Only go to trusted sites. Opening emails, even the ones without attachments, can also load viruses. Another way someone can easily hack you is to guess your password hint answer. When I used to work in net security, we would test intrusions and it was quite easy to get through back doors. Don't respond to surveys, forwards, etc about your favorite whatever or similar questions that may be used for password hint questions. It can also be easy to guess if you don't clean up your web footprints. Don't let strangers use your computer (keyloggers can be installed in seconds). Keep 2 separate email accounts, 1 for important accounts, close friends and the other for non-personal, general web use.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:59 PM on Mar. 2, 2013

• Do you have a Facebook account? I found out my Yahoo account got hacked through my Facebook.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I have 2 yahoo accounts and last year over the summer one was hacked but the other was not. The one not hacked was a junk mail account the other was the one I used more of. I changed emails and when I decided to change the information on Ebay I found out that was hacked too. (thankful I do not use Ebay often)

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• yes i had it happen to me once before, i used to stay signed in and to remember my login details but i changed them all and dont let the computer remember anything now.
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Well I don't do FB. What was explained to me was that it was most likely a brute force hacking in order to send spam. Either way, it sucks. I hate hackers!
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2013