What should I make the age difference between my second and third baby?

My first two children are 19 months apart. Right now my youngest is 25 months old. We are thinking of adding a third to the bunch since we have NO family around since dh is military for life my children will most likely sadly not have a relationship with our families. Not just for the military but for other reasons too(they don't agree with us because we got married too young for them and had children too soon for their liking ect...). Anyhow so pretty much they will only have us and each other so we would love to give them another sibling to grow up with. I LOVE the age difference between my two but we wanted to wait a little longer to have our third. So what is a good age difference for your second and third child and how is their relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 2nd and 3rd are 13 months apart (first and 2nd are 15 months apart so I had 3 children under the age of 3). My middle two...they have a kind of love/hate relationship. They love each other and I know they would do anything for each other but they just don't get along half the time. Or at least they didn't when they were toddlers (they were both really jealous of each other). It seems the older they get the closer they get (they are 6 and 7 now). My 4th child is 3 1/2 years younger then the 3rd and, personally, I hated it when they were little. It was like starting all over and I just wasn't ready to go back into baby mode (never really gave that much thought having the other 3 close together). Now that she is almost 3 I see she grew up super fast to keep up with her siblings and yet still has nothing in common with then and seems lonely and sad a lot of the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:50 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My 2nd and 3rd are 11 months apart. Right now they are 2 and 3. They pretty much barely tolerate each other.

My oldest and youngest are 33 months apart...they're best buds. (5 and 2) My oldest and second (5 and 3) are pretty good friends. But those last two...oh man...forget it. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009