Would this concern you?

In my child's monthly newsletter from school, the nurse had a 1 page informational letter about bed bugs. It did not admit to having this issue in the school, but why mention it at all, unless there was a reason behind it? I would be so pissed if they are covering it up & 1 of those disgusting things gets its way into my childs backpack. It costs thousands of dollars to rid your home of them. Don't know about you, but we don't have a spare thousand or so just laying around! What do you think?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2013 in

• There are a few preventative measures you can take.

diatomaceous earth is pretty inexpensive. put it in a puffer container and dust bedding once a week. apply it along floor boards and all furniture.

wash everything you can in hot water and dry on high heat weekly. that way if even one of the buggers get in you are ahead of the game and dont have to use the neurotoxins to kill the effers.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I would think that was a bit of a warning. I often have a fear of that happening. Call me crazy but on Fridays, I have been hanging my Sons backpack & coat outside on the line for a few hours. It's been so cold here that I hope it would kill anything that may be lurking. He says that he has a coat hook but sometimes other kids hang their coat on to of him. I guess you could leave the kids things in the garage every day but then they will have to put on cold coats. You just never know!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Yeah, as a teacher I can tell you we constantly tell the students to not pile coats and backpacks on top of each other, and don't share hats, but do they listen? Where I am it's lice. We haven't had bed bug problems yet.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I would be a little concerned, but it could be the school is trying to prevent a bedbug problem by encouraging kids to keep their backpacks and coats to themselves. Call and ask the principal or the school nurse directly. The problem may still be denied if there is one, but asking wouldn't hurt.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:28 AM on Feb. 7, 2013