Why didn't the mom of 14 kids feel the need to contact the father about her decision?

She said he was completely shocked......ya think.....also if she decides to go after him for child support that going to be really expensive....do you think he should have had a say in this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He was a known donor. Donors don't necessarily get a say in how their "donations" are used by the recipient. The risk to him for court-ordered support is greater than in an anonymous donor situation, but they might have signed papers already saying he wouldn't be responsible for support.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Because it isn't his decision. He willingly donated to her. He also shouldn't be financially responsible and if I were him I would be doing everything possible to sign away my rights, or anything to get as far away from her has possible.. so in case she has a change of heart and goes after him she can't. I feel bad for the guy, but when you willingly donate to a crazy person, you should expect some sort of crazy thing to happen lol.

Yes, I don't like her, nor have any respect for her...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• The poor guy was either looking to help someone out or make a buck. I doubt he had any idea that he would be producing the Waltons.

Men have no reproductive rights anyway.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:30 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• sadly i agree with the other ladies. men really do not have many reproductive rights which is very sad. but when women donate their eggs it is like sperm donors. they don't have much say. but when he was contacted by her (i think they actually know each other from what it seemed) he said he was a bit overwhelmed at the moment and had no real intention at this point in being in contact with any of the kids. if down the road he does, she is more than willing to let him have a relationship with the kids. but she does not expect any child support from him. if he gives child support then he has every right to a say in the whole matter.

ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• He is a only sperm donor and she made sure sperm donors have no legal rights to the children their sperm creates, effectively relieving him of his fatherly duties to any of the babies. She chose to be single, she chose to leave the babies fatherless and she chose to keep all of the embryos......Woman Choice/Pro-Life. She is the epitamy of stupid and reckless.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 1:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• She also said that maybe one day he will be in her life. I think they are more than just friends...

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 2:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I think she's trying to go after him for money. She's ridiculous! I thought when you donate, you are not responsible at all for any children. If he was smart, he would get a lawyer and get the hell away from her, she's crazy.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2009