Does it sound like the flu or my appendix cause i dont wanna have to go to the doctor unless needed? adult content

Less than an hour ago i started getting diarrhea and the worst cramps ive ever had besides birth pains. Im sick to my stomach im super weak im getting pain in the right side of my back and sharp twinges of pain and burning feeling uner my right ribs. Im scared

megclark22

Asked by megclark22 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Health

• Go to the Doctor.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Do you have a fever and rebound tenderness halfway between your "bellybutton" & hip bone & vomiting?? That combo is usually indicative of appendicitis. Bottom line is.... If you are concerned call your doc!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• My doctors office isn't open. I haven't thrown up but i dont think i can eat and the pain in my right side is getting worse and it comes and goes but im also scared to get up and walk around tho. the pain seems to be in my lower back and right under my right ribs.
    megclark22

Comment by megclark22 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Could be gallstones too. Wait a while & if it passes then comes back it's probably gallstones. A simple ultrasound can detect them.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:29 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• It could be some nasty virus going around. It could be your gall bladder. If the pain persists you really need to get it checked out.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I'm thinking gallstones as well. It's a common issue for women. When I got them I thought it was the flu at first too.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Not apendix, that is in your lower right side. Galblader is upper right side right under your ribs. Sounds like the stomach bug that is going around.

Answer by louise2 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• My doctors office isn't open.

doesn't have to be.... they should have an on-call service and someone should call you back to advise. If you are in severe pain go to the ER... no one here can really tell what's going on without a proper evaluation & some lab work. Seek medical attention if you are concerned... not a bunch of strangers on the internet who's qualifications you can't verify.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• check & see if they have a Docotor on call who you can call or go to EMERGENCY if it continues. I think the appendix it i more sharp painful stabbing feeling on right side & the feeling ya have to go poo, this is what my DH told me as it happened to him. Don't wait because if it is it can be a real dangerous situation.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2013