my period is one point when its due and im now over 33 days late, i have experienced headaches, throbbing pain in my right ovary side and lower back pain. i had a past abnormal pap for pre cancerous cells but 2 montbs ago it finally came back normal. im not pregnant because i havent had sex in over year. should i be worried

sneakysnake740

Asked by sneakysnake740 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You SHOULD go to your doctor.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Periods can stop for many reasons & also due to nerves but you'll need medication to start it again. So, you have to go see your OBGYN.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Have you ever had ovarian cysts? Check with your doctor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Call the doctor. You already sound worried, and that's how I would feel too. I'd be calling the doctor to see what's going on. That's obviously not normal.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I HATE going to the gyn, so I didn't for 6 years. I was ignoring symptoms. For 3 years I had sporadic periods, and when I did have them, they were extremely heavy. Finally, one night I bled so bad I had to go to the emergency room. Well, I had cancer. Stage 2. I had a hysterectomy, and 12 years later, I'm cancer free. I don't ignore symptoms anymore. I recommend you go to your doctor.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 12:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Sounds like ovarian cyst to me.

Answer by louise2 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Yes; go to the doctor. My daughter-in-law got an ovarian cyst (11 years ago) that ended up weighing 40 lbs. by the time she had it removed. This is nothing to play around with or ignore. If you can't afford to go to the doctor, then go to the wellness clinic in your area and they will refer you to a doctor. Good luck.
    Sierrarose99

Answer by Sierrarose99 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Go to the doctor. I get ovarian cysts all the time. They usually burst and cause a lot of pain, but they go away (and then unfortunately come back). However, I have always had regular periods regardless. So you really need to find out what this is, and the only way to do that is go see a gynecologist.

Btw... do not ever ignore symptoms that seem concerning. My mother ignored the lesion on her shoulder that was skin cancer. She ignored it for more than 15 years. By the time she could no longer ignore it because it was a non healing wound, it was too late. The cancer and tumors spread all over. She ignored symptoms of a cancer that is one of the easiest to diagnose and treat and now she's dying. Because of this experience with my mother, I will never ignore any symptom again. My rule is that if it worries you, have it looked at. Better to have it checked and be nothing than not have it looked at and have it be something bad.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Amazed how quick you found answers.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:36 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Thank you guys for all your comments, I'm just trying to figure out why all of a sudden it's stopped, I'll be calling my doctor Monday because it is the weekend and I have to work. I just hope everything is ok. All your concerns and comments are much appreciated, please know I greatly appreciate all of you taking the time to comment :)
    sneakysnake740

Comment by sneakysnake740 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2013