What is the deal with all the mustache t-shirts/pictures/accessories?

Egh! What did I miss?! I went to the mall for the first time in months, and everything was covered in mustaches! I don't get it, please explain this trend to me?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Shopping

• a desperate pleas for rides ?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I don't get it either and will be watching this post to see if someone can explain it.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 2:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Seems like every other trend has come and gone, now they gotta use stuff that has always been there but never has really been noticed.. So silly. Armpit hair next?
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• no clue what you are talking about? hmmm
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I don't think anyone knows the whole "purpose" behind the mustache craze. Some have made their own "meanings" for it. I've heard it as a symbol for "hipsters" to pot smokers using it as a euphamism for "my stash". It's kind of like Furbies. No one KNOWS why they were so popular but everyone had to have one.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• teenage girls seem to have thing for the mustache stuff...in fact, yesterday one of my daughters friends turned 19. What did she get her for a gift? a mug with a mustache on it and a mustache handle...The friend loved it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I don't quite get it myself, and the meanings I get are varied. But my dd loves the mustache stuff and has a wallet that has a mustache on it and says "stache your cash". She wanted mustache suspenders for Christmas, but Claire's ran out of them before I did my Christmas shopping. I don't understand the hype.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I've also heard it's the new "duck lips".
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• LOL, yes, the male "duck lips" ^^^
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I want a finger-stache tattoo in the worst way. I'm totally serious.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2013