Has anyone taken Ritalin while pregnant and had any problems?

I take a VERY low dose. 10mg twice a day. My Dr. said to continue taking it even though but I am pregnant but I am concerned about it.. It would help to know if anyone has done this without an issue. I had a NT sonogram yesterday.. baby is perfect in growth, heart function, ect. I sooo hope someone out there has been in this situation. I feel like I can not function without the Ritalin but I do not want to put my baby at risk either. Any advice???

kcali

Asked by kcali at 8:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was on psych meds for OCD and anxiety problems before I was pregnant. When I told my psychologist that my husband and I were going to start trying to have a baby, he took me off everything. He said that there are new studies that show that some psych meds can be harmful to your baby and its best not to be on any of them. My OB/GYN at first said it was okay to be on them but about 6 months later (it took us 2 years to get prengnant) he told me to stop taking them cause of new studies that my psychologist told me about but I had already been taken off of them by that point.

I do not know much about Ritalin but if your psychologist and OB says its okay, then I would continue taking it. Good Luck and congrats on the baby!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:50 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Google Ritalin and do your own research
    WifeyorMom

Answer by WifeyorMom at 12:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2009