Tips on getting a toddler to take liquid antibiotic?

I put it in the syringe thing they give you & she spit the whole dose out. I guess I'll put it in her milk. Hope she drinks it. Any other ideas? Thanks! She's 18 months.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:47 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids did the same thing! One thing that worked for us putting it toward her cheek and then blow (alittle) in her mouth it will force her mouth closed and she will swollow.
    MommytoBe987

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Squirt small bits into her cheek, near the back of her throat. She should reflexively swallow it instead of spitting it out.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I'd go for juice- or strawberry milk. Something powerful tasting that she won't notice.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Yea, put it in something you know she will eat. Yogurt, pudding, a little juice. Hide the taste.

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Any luck?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:20 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Instead of a syringe I am using a kind of a tube with measure on it up to 2 t sp which they gave me in giant eagle pharmacy (grocery store). Medications have flavor and my toddler drinks it with no additional tricks.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 3:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I tried putting it in her milk but she tasted that it was different & wouldn't drink it. Lost another dose. I tried a little at a time with a syringe thing in the side of her mouth & she had a fit & spit a little out each time. It worked a little better though. Grrrr... I have to give it to her for 10 days 2X a day! I'll try the tube thing they gave me & do what kujus04 recommends. Thanks ladies!! :)

ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Feb. 3, 2013