What should I clean?

Someone suggest something and don't be cruel with it! I will force myself to do as many of the things listed as possible.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Home & Garden

• fold up blankets and pick up the shoes (if any of it needs done)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• How about wiping down the kitchen counters? Easy-peasy, & makes a big difference.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• What needs it most? As in, what might cause a fire or make you unable to escape the house in case of fire? I like to start with that. Then I deal with dishes and laundry.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:18 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Clean the freezer. I just cleaned my SO's out and as a bonus, he gave me a bunch of stuff he isn't ever going to eat.

So, did the cleaning bug bite you or are you hoping that by doing spring cleaning that spring will come sooner?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 4:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Fuck cleaning. Sit down and rest.

Answer by louise2 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Clean out the dressers. I am sure there are probably clothes in all of them that don't fit. I try to do that in the spring (for winter clothes) and fall (for summer clothes).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• FlyLady, absolutely. It will help you get direction and do the cleaning so much faster!

Answer by gdiamante at 8:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I just walk around looking at everything that needs to be cleaned and end up NOT cleaning any of it because I don't know where to start. This is helpful. I need some direction.

I folded every blanket in the house that needed it and put the stray shoes away.

I wiped down the kitchen counters, which involved moving a bunch of stuff and putting it away.

The freezer was cleaned out a couple weeks ago.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Clean the bathrooms.

Answer by Bmat at 4:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Try looking up Fly Lady. She has tons of helpful tips. The one that I have found to be the most helpful is that anyone can do anything for 15 minutes. I set a timer for 15 minutes and choose a spot to work on. I actually just went to the site and signed up again for the emails. Now that I've pulled myself back together emotionally after my divorce, it's time to get my house and finances back in order too.

Fly Lady definitely gives me direction. And when all else fails, I stand at the front door pretending I just walked in and clean the biggest mess I see.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 4:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2013