What is this kid's obsession with coming into my house? *vent*

this 13 year old boy that lives down the street. he's not a special needs child. when they first moved here, he would come to the door asking if he could play. (with my daughters that are 6, 4 & 3) ummm seriously? i always politely told him no, or maybe later, or not right now, whatever i could to get the kid off my back. well now he's gotten more daring. the other day we were all out front and he was playing hide & seek with my oldest and youngest. he ran to the backyard and they would follow him, and a few seconds later he'd be walking out through my fucking garage! he came in through the backyard patio, walked through my house and out the garage. he did this like two or three times even though i'd ask him to stop. then he grabbed my car keys off the keyring and started messing with my car. then he got on the riding lawn mower & tried to turn it on. fucking seriously!? eventually i got to the point where we just went in & i locked up. then yesterday, we're playing in the backyard (admittedly in hopes of staying away from him) but he comes and starts playing with them. my oldest was playing with a friend that lives behind us so i figured whatever, let them all play together on the swingset. well a game of chase ensued, mine ran inside for safety and he just opens the door also and comes right the fuck in like he owns the place! he hauls ass upstairs. its like hello, boundaries kid! its annoying because he is ALWAYS outside so i feel like i cant go out there without him coming over & trying to get in my house...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I would just say No, you cannot play with the kids. They are too young for someone your age. Then I would probably contact his parents and if that doesn't work... the police. There's something not quite right there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• he may be special needs in a way that is not noticable to you. Have you talked to his parents at all?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I would just tell him to leave. Go home. If telling him to leave, and don't ever come back does not work. I would go to his parents and tell them, your son is to old to play with my kids. So have a talk with him. Make him not come to my house anymore. And if that did not work I would inform the parents next time he comes over to my house. I am calling the police on him.

Answer by louise2 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I agree, it doesn't sound right. are you sure he is not special needs? I would tell the parents, (in a nice way) that their son is not doing what you ask(not going in your house, messing with your things) and that unless he can follow your house rules, he is not to come to your house, and will be sent home if he won't listen to the adults directions.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 4:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• i am positive he doesn't have special needs. he may have a behavioral disorder though... adhd comes to mind. but honestly, and i hate to say this about a child, but i think he is just a butthole!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Yeah, I would for sure talk to his parents. Just keep in mind that there might be problems at home. Maybe he is always outside and wanting to play with your kids cuz his parents are fighting or yelling at him. Maybe he is just bored. I understand where you are coming from and would be annoyed as well. However, when you talk to his parents, just mention that you don't mind if the kid comes over to play with yours, but he needs to stay away from the vehicles and stay outside unless invited.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 4:50 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• If he is not special needs, then he's really...pushy. I'd flat out tell him that he is not welcome inside the house. Period. And then I'd spell it out clearly that if he cannot stay outside your house, he will not be welcome on your property at all. And if it reaches that point that you have to tell him he's not welcome at all, then you go talk to his parents, explain everything that's happened to that point and tell them that if he comes to your home again, you will call the cops and you expect them to do their job as his parents and keep him away from your house.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• ya know, come to think of it. these incidents are happening in the afternoon while his mother is still at work. she's a single mom of 5 so i can understand her having a lot on her plate & he is the oldest & the only boy.

but, she's probably not aware of his behavior while he's home alone after school. when she is home on the weekends, i dont have any problems with him at all.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Totally agree with what Wendy said.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 5:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• First I would try to set boundaries. I would inquire about why he is wanting to play with the younger girls. Are there no kids his age in the neighborhood? - You may not just come over without asking and sometimes the answer will be no. If you say no then the answer is no. period. -You are not allowed inside the house. Period. -If you say it is time for him to go home then he has to obey. No excuses. -If he can not follow these boundaries then you will contact his parents and he will not be allowed over at all for a while. If you have to contact his parents a second time he will no longer be allowed to play there at all. ( though you could do more chances if you wanted to...) If you have to contact his parents I would just give them the whole story and let them know what you had discussed and that boundaries were crossed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2013