should i call my doctor?

I've been having what I think are contractions last night and this morning. Hubby is timing them & says they're 3-4 minutes apart and lasting about a minute. They're kinda painful... my whole stomach feels tight, but I'm actually feeling pain in my lower stomach and lower back.

Should I call my doctor? I've been to the OB Triage so many times already, I just don't want to go back for another false alarm.

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 8:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the rule with my doctor is the 5-1-1 rule. If your having contractions every 5 mins, lasting a min, for at least an hour then its time to go to the hospital. So what if you go back to OB triage...whats the worse they are going to do...send you home. Good luck mama and it sounds like its coming soon!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It is better to go and be sent home than to not get there quickly enough. So go and best wishes!

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• call doc
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I totally know what you are talking about I went the other day they even admitted me. I was there for 12 hrs and then everything stopped at 3cm... they sent me home. My husband was kind of mad. He's like OK then we are not coming to the hospital again until your water breaks. I say go or atleast call your DR and see if they want you to go.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 10:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• better to be safe then sorry. Call the doc
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 16, 2009