Do you feel like damaged goods inside sometimes?

from horrible things that have happened to you in your life, as a child etc. that you had no control over?

YES.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Health

• Yes, I do feel damaged, but I also know I'm rebuilding myself into a stronger hole. I imagine myself as a pottery vase. I got dropped and broken into many jagged pieces. Slowly, I've been mended, and glazed on the inside and out. I'm smooth and serviceable again. I can hold love without leaking and pour it out lavishly, give of myself. But if you look closely, you can still see a million cracks, running every which way. The cracks won't ever disappear, but they don't interfere much in the way I live my life anymore.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Physically, absolutely. I have health problems and old injuries that make me feel old and broken sometimes.
    Mentally, no, not really. I think some things have affected me more than I would like to admit, specifically my parents. I sometimes think life would have been easier if I had never met either of them. It doesn't have that much of an impact on my life though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Yes, and my clitoris is broken!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• No. Trust me when I tell you this, DO NOT EVER feel that way. I had some bad things happen to me at high school age. Later I became a volunteer EMT/Firefighter and that changed my thinking on many, many things. There are people out there praying to be where you are today..... Just keep that in mind.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:55 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Yep. I feel like the laziest UPS worker ever tossed me around & then stepped on me, & that maybe I was improperly packed to start with.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• after leaving the ex with the creepy sexual ideas and how he was around children
    because i did not see it until the closet door swung open
    plus i was with him...

YES
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:59 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• but i deal with it byt just not dating at all

if i ever date again, will have to try to find some female mojo again

if you have seen where mine went, please let me know
    thanks
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• i can laugh at self that i have zero 'mojo'

but actually sad that i have not had one date in two and a half years
    and i have no feelings to ever date again
    do not think i could trust anyone like that again
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:06 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Never let anyone or event define you.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Eh, I get some aches & pains that comes from being a little older & not doing everything I should to be as healthy as I can be. As far as mentally or emotionally, I think I'm doing OK. Sure, a lot of us have had to deal with some pretty horrible things in our lifetimes, but myself, well I'm a survivor! I am a stronger & smarter person b/c of my life experiences. And I was/am blessed to have wonderful family & friends to lean on during the rough times. *hugs*
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2013