Would this bother you?

im taking a research course online and the teacher has HORRIBLE grammar! im no grammar-nazi and i can over look most things, but his grammar is so bad it distracts from the assignment. i mean, what kinda graduate professor doesn't proof-read his own work!? here's an example:

She also thinking about using her teacher-made test to predictor how well student will perform on number place value questions on the state exam.

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 4:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in

• If he has a research group with grad students there, how much do you want to bet that he's got a foreign grad student as a Teaching Assistant who is writing all his stuff? He's not actually doing the hard work of teaching! Sadly, I saw grad students (especially the foreign ones) being used all the time.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• What? Is he foreign? With English not being his first language? Because that would explain the syntax being off.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• you are paying for this?
    I would absolutely let him know that I could not get past the sentence in order to do th assignment.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:56 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Hehehe. You should have seen the errors on my English professor's online quizzes.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I'd wait til after I was done with the class, then say something. It would annoy the crap out of me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Go to the rate your professor website & let it be known. People have a right to know what they are getting for their money. That is pretty bad for a college level class. Geez
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I had a prof like this and he didn't care you should say something to him.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• sadly, English is his native language. he's kinda laid back & very much a hippie, so im guessing he doesnt take the class too seriously. he's also the director of the department so thats why i expected more from him. he's probably just too busy to edit things...
    okmanders

Comment by okmanders (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• That would annoy me. It's a hot button of mine that so many people don't seem to care about grammar or even spelling and punctuation anymore.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:33 AM on Feb. 7, 2013