Can someone please tell me

how soon after implation bleeding can you get a positive on a test? I have been having some brownish red discharge and I believe that it is implation bleeing. Other things I am going through: lower back pain, sore boobs, wanting to eat more, nausea. I had an IUI on the 6th so its been about a week and a day. My period is not due until th 18th though. But I was just wondering if anyone could tell me that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I am sorry hon, but implatation bleeding is brighter red, the brownish colored blood is older blood.It sounds like a period to me.But by all means on the 16,17th take a test to be sure.All the symptoms you described can be preg, but they are also PMS symptoms, you usually do not get low back pain from anything but cramps.keep trying and go to doc for blood test if you want to be postitive. Good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• POSTER:
    Well on Monday I was having some pink spotting and I didnt know if that was implatation bleeding or not. But yeasterday it was red but it looked like it had some brownish tint to it. My period is not due for another 4 days. I dont usually have any PMS (BLESSED) symptoms at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• no it could be darker. it could have taken a while to come out if that makes sense. you could probably take a test now. if it is negative take another one when your period is due if you don't start :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• just take a test and hope for the best...do not give up, there is a baby somehow, somewhere, sometime for you.:o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2009