• In the Spotlight:

Moms of Girls 1 year or older!

If you had one, what was your theme for your dd's first birthday? Anything you did that you really liked decoration wise? I need creative tips on decorations, themes anything and everything so please share what you did!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• My DD's first b-day was a garden/flower party. Different coloured crazy dasies in vases, out of reach, around the house and coloured balloons and decorations to match. We also had a big bee balloon, she loved a bee story so we went with it! My son's 1st b-day party could work for a girl as well. We did under the sea. Sea creature baloons, blue and green streamers to be water and little fish from the party supply store. It was fun. Ofcourse the cakes were made to go with the theme.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We did Elmo since my DD loved him and perked up every time she heard his voice. I bought the Wilton cake pan of Elmo and made her the cake. For her guests, I made simple cupcakes. We decorated with the Elmo/Sesame Street themed decorations.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• it was supposed to be dora but hubby changed it to spongebob so we had dora plates and stuff and spongebob cake lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• We did a princess theme ( of course LOL) The birthday girl got to wear a princess dress the other little girls were invited to wear princess dresses as well, and everybody got a tiara. I also made sure that every child got a little gift bag that had a book and a sippy in it that way no one felt left out, at there young age its easy to feel left out when the birthday girl is opening her presents. I always make sure that everychild gets a small gift bag and they love it! GL!
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 9:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• All 4 of my kids (3 girls and a boy) had the same theme for their 1st birthday--Classic Pooh. We used the same decorations, plates and stuff. But I didn't throw them big parties. It was just us and a cake for each of them. We don't do traditional birthday parties.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My daughter had butterflies at her 1st b-day party :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Haha... I mean not real butterflies... that was the theme.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 9:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I still remember my daughter's 1st birthday. She is 21 years old now. I had a big party with both sides of the family (both very big). I made all the food. I was trying to get food, open presents, attend to guest, I had games planned for all the little cousins....I looked over at my little girl...and she was sitting in her high chair by herself almost pushed to the side of all the action. Bottom line.....keep it simple.
    The "guest of honor" is the really important thing. Something different might be to take the pictures of her throughout her first year, including her birth pictures and put them on the table as centerpiece in clear frames with balloons tied to them, paste her pictures (black and white copies from your printer) and paste them to the plastic table cloth, hang the pictures with string from the ceiling etc.. Make it all about her...but keep it simple.   momjs www.cjkidz.com

momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My daughter had a pink and black princess pirate party. it was sooooo cute! i ordered everything from orientaltradingcompany.com they have a lot of really cool decorations!
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My daughters 1st birthday party was pretty simple. We rented a hall, I made her a flower cake with a mold that was really cute, and I used the colors from cake for streamers, balloons, cakes, cups, etc.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2009