Would you be mad?

i have a friend with a mom whom has 13 kids.. ranging from ages 26 down to a year old.. anywho's i have two boys 5 and 6 and when they out grow clothes i usually give it away.. so back to this friend she constantly tells me wow your boys have nice clothes this and that.. and i'm like yeah .. so i gave her a lot of the clothes that my boys don't fit and then i found this group on facebook where you can sell stuff.. for our area and i go on there to find all the clothes that i had given her.. she is selling it............................. would you be mad?? i'm kind of upset and want to say.. hey that looks familiar.. but idk..

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• I remember this being an issue when Freecycle first started and I just thought the people needed the money more than they did the clothes so did not say anything when emails came out that certain people were selling the items.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Well yeah I'd be upset. You gave her the clothes out of the kindness of your heart, b/c you thought she needed them. You could have sold them at a kids resale shop or something & kept the $ for yourself. I don't think I'd give her any more of your hand me downs. If you want to donate them to someone else, a shelter, Goodwill, etc, then do it. But if you need the $ & lets face it, who doesn't- then sell them yourself.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I think I would be mad. If she didn't want the clothes, you could have given them to someone who really needed and wanted them. My brother in law always gives dh clothes his girls have outgrown, and I appreciate it. However, we have too many clothes as it is. Most of the time I have the kids pick out some things they really like, and the rest I donate. Then dh gives his brother the receipt so that he can use it for tax purposes. They weren't my clothes to give away, so the least we could do is let him benefit from the donations.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• If she wasn't using the clothes for the kids first until they outgrew them, then yes, I'd be pissed!

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• i gave her about two bags of clothes last week.. i doubt they outgrew them that quick.. it really pissed me off..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I would basically tell her that you would have appreciated her telling you she didnt need them so YOU could sell them. And then not give her anything else.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I figure that once I give something away, it's not mine anymore, so I don't worry about what happens to it then.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:07 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I would probably be piss too
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 8:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I wouldn't be mad, but I'd never give her anything again.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Honestly, once I ive something to someone else, I really don't care what they do with it. Yeah, it kinda sucks that she didn't tell you she was going to sell it, but she may feel her kids have enough clothes already or that she doesn't really like the ones she is selling. And, do you know for sure she's not going to sell them and buy something else that her kids need? There could e a bigger need in their lives right now then clothes.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2013