Quantitative blood test?

I had a doctors appointment yesterday (the 1st) because I am late (16 days now). The doctor did a urine test which was negative so she sent me for blood work just to be sure because she said I could still be to early to get a positive urine test. Anyway she is doing a quantitative blood test and I should get the results on Monday or Tuesday. I know that there are 2 different blood tests, one measures the exact amount of hcg and the other just tells you if there is or isnt hcg in the blood. Which one is the quantitative?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Quantitative measure the exact amount of hCG in the blood. That's the test you want
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:45 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Their must be HCG in your blood in order for you to be pregnant and it should only take about 45 minutes for the test results to come back. If there is HCG in your blood measuring the amount their is helps determine how far along you are.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:47 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• so how did it go?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2013