Ever have a dream that just made you mad?

I had this dream last night that I was moving into a new apartment and got a phone call from my ex's boss saying that he had shown up to work with a gun. They sent him home and when they called later to check up on him, his girlfriend said that he was gone and that perhaps he was on his way to see me. The boss sent over a couple officers to make sure I was going to be ok. I went into my bedroom because I heard my kids talking in there. When I walked in, there was my ex on my bed and he told the kids to go away so he could talk to me. He told me that he and his girlfriend had split up and that he decided to just get back together with me. About this time, the police showed up and so did my SO.

When I woke up, I was so angry at the dream. I do NOT want my ex back in any way.
Anyone else have dreams like that?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 10:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• I have woken up mad from a dream, and have gone through a confused mental/emotional transition of realizing that it was a dream before I could gradually stop feeling upset at my husband (for what happened in the dream.) I can remember two different times, and both times the feeling lingered and even though I "knew" it was a dream I still felt the upset for a number of minutes.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 11:44 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I have past experience dreams sometimes that leave me feeling angry. Not often, thankfully
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Not angry. Sometimes worried because certain dreams I have come true.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• I had a dream once that my best friend ate my subway sandwich and when I woke up I actually got mad and yelled at her about it and she was like what are you talking about I didn't eat your sandwich and I was like oh shit I was dreaming wasn't I? lol
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 11:05 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I had a dream last night that made me mad. Usually at my husband. It was funny...this summer at a BBQ, my husband was joking with me that I woke up mad at him because of something he did in a dream...and EVERY other man at the party perked up and said "my wife does that, too" LOL. You're not alone.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:14 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I've had dreams where I woke up so mad at my husband.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• Yup, had a bad dream about hubs and I was mad at him for 2 days
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:39 PM on Feb. 2, 2013

• not angry..I just do not like the dreams that I cannot remember or wake up and cannot get back to it...lol
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• No. But dreams are a way of your mind dealing with issues that you dont want to in your conscious so they do it in your sub-conscious. I would not think to much into it. And dont be mad because you are with the one you want and love so just try and laugh it off if you can.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 10:03 AM on Feb. 7, 2013