Another Crockpot Question (I have to decide tonight.)

I made a soup for my church potluck lunch tomorrow. We're having a Souperbowl party--corny, I know. Anyway, would it be better for me to cook it on the warm setting all night or leave the crockpot in the fridge and put it on low when I arrive at church in the morning, which would be about two and a half hours before lunch? Everything in the soup is cooked, but I wondered if staying warm all night would make the flavors blend better or something. I'm going to put cooked rice in that I have left over from another meal, but I could wait and add that at the church. Which way would be best?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:08 AM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I realize it's too late now, but I would have left it chill overnight and put it on high at the church this morning.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:01 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• What did you end up putting in it?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:10 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I think it would be great left on overnight. It would enhance the flavors.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:13 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Hamburger, rice, mixed vegetables, tomatoes seasoned with garlic and oregano, canned vegetable soup, a packet of dry onion soup mix, and a bit of extra garlic salt. It smells pretty good. Should I put it on Warm overnight, or Low This is a new crockpot. I never had one with a Warm setting before.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:26 AM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I did end up leaving it in the fridge till this morning and then heating it up at the church because I decided I was worried the veggies would get mushy if I cooked the soup all night. I had to add some beef broth because the rice, even though it was cooked, soaked up some of the liquid. The soup turned out pretty good, especially since I have a meal left over for tonight, and my boyfriend's lunch for work tomorrow.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2013