So, this is the "Change?"

From what I see, this stimulus bill is only stimulating the government officials, not the American people. The taxpayers, once again, take the fall for high government spending with no real promise to the people. While I believe our med. care can use a revamp, I think the way the gov't. is going about it is wrong and will hurt many people in the end. More gov't. spending and a small percent of tax breaks? What a crock!

Why did people fall so in love with a sneak? Do people really believe they brought in their saviour? If this is the change to which many refer, I can be truly glad I didn't vote for these idiots! Really, I wanted to be proven wrong on my instincts about this administration for the sake of this country. But so far, my instincts are strong.

Thanks to many of you who have answered my previous post on this bill. I see the light, now! I only hope that in the next 4 years, my instincts WILL be wrong!

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• hey, it is "supposedly" a trickle down effect... i always thought you fixed the problems at the bottom and then a build up effect would have been better... but then again, i was not for stimulous. i am with you though, i hope the next 4 yrs my instancts are wrong too!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yup! And as many of us have said time and time again...."CHANGE" is not necessarily synonymous with GOOD!!!!

Which, not even a month into office, we're seeing Obama's REAL agenda! This is what happens when you let the paperboy manage the newspaper!

Again, I'm NOT seeing any emphatic Obama-supporters joining us in our discussions for the past couple of days! What's up with that?!?! LOL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Lorikeet - maybe they're having regrets voting him in and are ashamed to admit that THEY failed as a voter by making the wrong choice? And, again, those who voted for the bums in Congress are probably weeping in their coffee right now.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I hope so....because it's VERY quiet around here and in the Politics Uncensored group--same handful of uber libs that will NEVER get it--which is "funny" in a sad sort of way! I guess they just like patting each others backs and high-fiving one another. It's really a very sad little group over there. Was much more fun leading up to the election....now it's eerily quiet! LMAO!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• President Obama hasn't even been in office for a month. I am a supporter for him and I know he inherited the mess of the country. I don't think anyone really believes that he could do anything in less than 30 days. common sense shows people that. he is not a miracle worker, but, no one is. Change takes time. He's only been in office for 25 days. Did you expect things to change overnight?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• HUM......ohwell guess what I sleep well at night knowing I did not cast my vote for that one.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:26 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• . It's really a very sad little group over there

And I take it you belong to this "sad little group" yourself?   sad.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• because it's VERY quiet around here and in the Politics Uncensored group--same handful of uber libs that will NEVER get it--which is "funny" in a sad sort of way

they are all sitting at their mailboxes waiting for their stimulus check and news that they won't have to pay for gas or pay their mortgage.  Someone should print out a memo for the paperboy (aka Obama) to deliver the news.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• The lady who begged for new section 8 housing with the nice kitchen is probably chanting "OOBAMAA OOOOBAMA seeend meeeee a freee cribb"

The other lady in the crowd is still zoned out going "I love you Obama I love you when will Michele go for her duncan donuts ? wink wink"

The young boy is at his mcdonalds job muttering under breath "Just wait Obama oh gracious one my man is going to make you pay"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Kat122 - if you see how this stimulus is summing up, it's not a good start at all for this man in whom you believe. Can you, as a supporter of him and obviously his policies, please explain HOW this is going to help us?
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2009