Chicken pox????

I'm gonna call the pedi tomorrow but I just wanted some opinions from you ladies.
*My son is 18 months old
*He had the chicken pox vaccine 3 months ago at his 15 month check up
*Friday morning he developed a fever it was 104.6
*Saturday his fever broke then he developed red bumps that look like blisters
*Today it looks like he has more, like they multiplied over night
Any ideas???

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• Chicken Pox blisters are raised, red, puffy & filled with fluid.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• it's a possibility... try oatmeal baths if they are itchy. Also socks over his hands at night for the scratching. Can you call the doc today to touch base??

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I thought my daughter had chicken pox when she got red bumps and they had tripled by the next morning. It was staph infection brought on by the strep throat she had gotten. Better get it looked at.

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I would say Chicken Pox.

Answer by m-avi at 1:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• My kids haven't had that yet, knock on wood, good luck hope you little one is ok.

Answer by AnonNdrag at 1:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Where are they located, all over or hands and feet.. I ask because hand foot mouth disease is common and is a virus also.. It has a fever with blisters that appear. Hope your lil one feels better soon

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Until you get the pedi called try the soaks in the oatmeal bath. They really do sooth..
    Make sure you son continues to get plenty of fluids even a little more than usual.
    If the throat is a little sore you can freeze any juice in a container until it is mushy and soothing.
    Do not put any lotion anywhere the blisters are and it might be best not at all including the diaper area.
    My mother taped socks over my brother's hands when she could not stop him from scratching.

Answer by Dardenella at 11:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• doctor call

Answer by notasha.taggart at 11:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Blisters are every where....... face, back, chest/belly, arms, hands, legs, feet, butt.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2013