should i be concerned...

My baby is 10 months old and has no teeth (she's eats everything tho). But she also will not sit up on her own. She can sit down if I put her the sitting position but will not attempt to sit up on her own if she falls over. Also she doesn't actually crawl. She's only creeping. I'm worried that this might mean something major. Can anyone offer any advice or tell me of some exercises that will help her to sit up on her own. ??

abuckalew

Asked by abuckalew at 2:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does her pediatrician say? My granddaughter did not sit up until she was 11 months old. The fact that your baby is creeping is great! Some babies just take longer to master these skillls, but can be within the normal ranges.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Not all babies progress at the same rate.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• What has been said at the doctor visits?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Presumably you're still going to regular baby checkups? Talk to the doctor, but most likely it's fine. It's a lot more than creeping instead of crawling or slow teeth when there are serious problems involved.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• The Dr said he was going to refer her to therapy and see what they think. But the last time I had to wait months before the referral clerk got back to me for my 8 year olds issues. I don't want things to get worse if it is a serious problem.
    abuckalew

Comment by abuckalew (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2013

• keep on those doctors if they need to refer you dont let them get lazy, make sure they know you need to get your kid seen, they see tons of kids and will keep you waiting if you let them. It also doesnt hurt to get a second opinion, trust your insticts your the mom you know if somethings off hope this helped
    mktish

Answer by mktish at 1:20 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• Babies progress on their own terms and fast race, If you are countinuning with your well child visits and the dr. says its ok then just keep working with her, and as far as the physical theraphy I would be harassing the dr. everyday to get me in there just so then I could put my mind at ease. Good lick.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 8:21 AM on Feb. 6, 2013

• my youngest was still falling over alot at that age her dr said it was normal and every baby is different.i doubt theres anything to worry about but i would still talk to your pediatrician good luck :)
    india602

Answer by india602 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 6, 2013