My cleaning quest for the day has been deemed...

CLEANING THE TOPS OF EVERYTHINGS!!!

.....I am now realizing that almost everything has a top! And it's almost all dirty!

So far i've cleaned the top of the light fixture in the bathroom, the top of the shelves in the bathroom, the top of the ceiling fan in the kitchen (tips on that? The whole fixture is coated in dust- years worth, I never turn this thing on because it wobbles and freaks me out,

What other tops can you think of? I still have tabletops, stove tops, counter tops, outside freezer top, outside table top, if anyone comes to the door i may as well clean their top.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I did a 27 fling boogie in my kitchen (the top of my island couldn't be seen and is is 6ft long by 4 ft wide---that is a lot of space to fill with crap). I caught the dishes up and did about 4 loads of laundry. Tomorrow I will be working on some more laundry, doing another boogie in my office, and working on the rest of my kitchen (wiping down appliances, moving things on the counters, and cleaning out the fridge). It sound really exciting doesn't it?
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• For the fan - vacuum first with a brush extension, then use something like clorox wipes to wipe what's left. Then a rag with hot soapy water to get the last of the residue/dust.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• picture frames, door frames, window frames, curtain rods or window blinds and any decorations at the ends of them, closet shelves, book cases, large furniture that goes above your head, fridge, room corners (the ceiling and wall corners), stairwells, ceiling lights or hanging lights, and if you have any of those folding, metal closet doors with the vents, all the flat edges inside them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• You done good staci!

Now take a break! No wait! Have you cleaned the tops of the window frames?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• You are making me tired just reading these posts. I think you need to stop cleaning because you have done enough and you are making me look bad. :-)

I'm living vicariously through her - I figure any help I give her counts for me, too, right?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:04 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• )

lol
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Fridge top. I'm 4'8" and never see it. Yikes!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 2:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• She did inspire me to clean my SO's stove and to clean his freezer out yesterday. I should do his dishes and clean his bathroom, but then I won't have the energy to clean my apartment. And this is yet another reason why we should move in together: only 1 apartment for me to clean:-)
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 3:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Awww, I'm an inspiration! Notice how my cleaning posts don't have pictures?!

Nothing to be jealous of here! I'm so behind it's ridiculous. I am also very very stressed and depressed and scared, so I'm trying to busy myself cleaning. I'm sure no one will notice but me.

Someday I'll clean out the closets! Ouch!
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2013