Submissive Wives...

Okay I have been looking through some groups and there are a lot for submissive wives. I think it is ridiculous I am my own person and I will not conform to anyone's ways, how do you feel. I feel that I am not a slave and I do not have to bow down to make my husband happy! What about you?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 10:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Me and my DH are partners. We work together. There are times I lead more than he does and sometimes he leads more than me, but all decisions are mutually made by both of us. One of us doesn't rule over the other.
    My DH doesn't want someone he has to compete with, but doesn't want someone that's a doormat, as well and vice versa. We are each others soft place to land.
    It's made for a very satisfying and happy marriage for both of us.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 11:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am submissive in some ways, but never to the point of being a doormat. I am my own person and choose where I go in life, my dh just helps to guide me when I need him to and ask him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I could never be part of a relationship where I felt I wasn't an equal...and that cuts both ways. I can't be with someone that is submissive to me either.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• some people are just into that way of life. to each her own!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Good way to put it kabbot01!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I don't like to think of a woman as feeling inferior to her husband. She should feel like the valuable and important human being that she is. I am so much in love with my husband that I try to do what is best for him, but I do not feel inferior to him, what I do is a gift for him- I try to get his favorite foods and to keep the house comfortable and to help him have a comfortable and happy life as much as I can. But this attitude is not submissive. For me it honors him more because it is an equal giving a gift as an equal, not as an inferior making an offering. However I do not judge those who feel differently and I wish them wholeheartedly happiness and contentment.

Answer by Bmat at 11:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• it's not submissive as in lesser, its working together as equal partners through things, but he has the final say in the matter
    kinda like a board of directors in a company, the board works together, but the chairman of the board has the final call, but he'll usually go with the board
    you, the wife, are the board of directors, and the husband is the chairman
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• OP : Have you actually read about being a submissive wife and all it entails? Making rash judgments based on what you THINK being submissive means is ignorant.

I am proud to be a submissive wife and during my long marriage I have noticed that things are much better and I am much happier after I chose to become submissive.

I encourage you to read a book called Finding the Hero in My Husband, Submitting the Way God Intended by Dr. Julianna Slattery before making rash statements about it. I think you'll find after reading that book that a submissive wife has a whole lot more power than you think. The only difference is that the submissive wife is wiser. There's a verse in the book that runs throughout...A Wife Woman Builds up her house while the foolish one tears it down.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 1:18 if you are so proud why reply anon? LOL! I am not ignorant and yes I have read what it says, it says you are a slave!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2009