Do you clean your SO's house?

I know he is capable of doing it himself and he does a pretty good job of it. He does his own laundry, picks up after himself and does the vacuuming. About once a month, I clean his bathroom, scrub his floors, and any other major cleaning that needs to be done. I have my kids every other weekend so when I have my kids, he stays at my place. When I don't have my kids, I stay at his place. We do the dishes together and cook together. He works on my vehicle (oil change and fixes stuff when it breaks). I think it's a pretty balanced relationship.
Do you clean your SO's place? If you are living with him now, did you clean his when you weren't living with him?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 3:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Yes I always have, most my boyfriends moved in with me rather soon though. Before I had kids.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I clean our home, if I didn't who would? Lol
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• My Hubby and I live in the same house, why wouldn't I cleanit?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I clean OUR house but no way would I ever have cleaned his house and mine too before we married. He's a big boy and perfectly capable of doing it himself - I made sure of that before we married.

Answer by missanc at 5:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I would never clean house for someone I don't live with. I mean, as a favor to a friend or relative, or maybe if they're sick, sure. If I was dating someone and he was sick or injured, I might do it to help him out temporarily. But just as a general "oh, we're dating, so I should" kind of thing - no. He's a grown man, and I have my own place, with 2 kids in it, to take care of. He can take care of his - and if he can't, I might not want to get more serious anyway, because I'm not willing to take on an SO who isn't at least capable of keeping house.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• No never, DH does the work. boyfriends never.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• He moved in with me two weeks after he turned 18, so he never had a place of his own. He has always helped me with the cleaning.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Dardenella, did you clean his place before you lived in the same house?
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• ^^Wendy, I agree.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I helped him clean when we first started dating. He had pigs for roommates and I couldn't stand to go into the kitchen and cook. We got it under control and I was able to start cooking at his place. I moved in shortly after that.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2013