Do you clean your SO's house?

I know he is capable of doing it himself and he does a pretty good job of it. He does his own laundry, picks up after himself and does the vacuuming. About once a month, I clean his bathroom, scrub his floors, and any other major cleaning that needs to be done. I have my kids every other weekend so when I have my kids, he stays at my place. When I don't have my kids, I stay at his place. We do the dishes together and cook together. He works on my vehicle (oil change and fixes stuff when it breaks). I think it's a pretty balanced relationship.
Do you clean your SO's place? If you are living with him now, did you clean his when you weren't living with him?

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 3:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Yes I always have, most my boyfriends moved in with me rather soon though. Before I had kids.

Answer by staciandababy at 3:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I clean our home, if I didn't who would? Lol

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• My Hubby and I live in the same house, why wouldn't I cleanit?

Answer by Dardenella at 4:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I clean OUR house but no way would I ever have cleaned his house and mine too before we married. He's a big boy and perfectly capable of doing it himself - I made sure of that before we married.

Answer by missanc at 5:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I would never clean house for someone I don't live with. I mean, as a favor to a friend or relative, or maybe if they're sick, sure. If I was dating someone and he was sick or injured, I might do it to help him out temporarily. But just as a general "oh, we're dating, so I should" kind of thing - no. He's a grown man, and I have my own place, with 2 kids in it, to take care of. He can take care of his - and if he can't, I might not want to get more serious anyway, because I'm not willing to take on an SO who isn't at least capable of keeping house.

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• No never, DH does the work. boyfriends never.

Answer by sunshine196 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• He moved in with me two weeks after he turned 18, so he never had a place of his own. He has always helped me with the cleaning.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Dardenella, did you clean his place before you lived in the same house?

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• ^^Wendy, I agree.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I helped him clean when we first started dating. He had pigs for roommates and I couldn't stand to go into the kitchen and cook. We got it under control and I was able to start cooking at his place. I moved in shortly after that.

Answer by coala at 9:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2013