When you go to funerals, do they usually have a rememberance meal afterwards?

I've never been to a funeral that didn't have a meal afterwards.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 4:31 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• We have finger food at the funeral home for the all day wake. Depending on whose being buried, someone will bring donuts the morning of the funeral - if they're getting the whole church thing, then no. Afterwards we do a private family-only dinner.

I've been to other ones outside family that do the reception after, but we quit doing those now that everyone's so spread out. It would always be the same aunt having to host it, and that's not fair to her.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Yes always. The only thing that has changed is the venue. Sometimes it's at a person's home and other times it is in the church where the service is held.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Usually. That's the beauty of being in a family of Masons for us... They let members hold these things in the Masonic Hall and all the families of members pitch in a drop something off,a lot come to help and set everything up. It's an amazing experience & very heartwarming to say the least ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• It's been so long since I've been to a funeral. I remember tons of food being around but, not like an official meal, more like a buffet.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I've never been to one that didn't have food afterwards.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Yes, always.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Every funeral I've been to has had a luncheon afterward. When my maternal grandfather passed away there was an awesome catered luncheon with prime rib! Usually though it's food brought in by family and friends, or by the church ladies.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I've only been to one that had a sit down meal after, the others just had a 'wake' at a relitives home with buffet food.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 4:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Yes. We also bring food over to the families.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 4:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I have never been to a funeral that did not have a celebration meal
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2013