Teaching a Computer...

So, I ended up getting a laptop (and at a really great price).

I made the switch, giving the kids the old one- boy talk about happy. They are very excited about the speed of the new system.

Thing is, I have to teach Google to recognize my regular searches all over again. Things like, if I am searching I generally want either a medical article or a news article.

These are my passwords- learn them, because I am too lazy to remember them.

But the hardest part is teaching myself...on my old comp I could easily do at least 20-35 words per minute. Not great but adequate for CM and other sites I visit.

I now look like a chicken pecking at feed on the keyboard as I train my fingers to the new system.

Question?
Doing anything besides SuperBowl today?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 6:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Technology

• When I got my laptop, it took some getting used to. I still use my desktop for all my business stuff, and now I'm able to switch back and forth no problem. I type pretty fast, but I do type faster on my regular keyboard.

And we're watching the puppy bowl and eating.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• LOL I know what you mean about the laptop key board!! Nothing but superbowl and laundry today here.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Can you give the new and you take back the one you had?
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Sunshine, LOL
    I am not giving my kids any Brand New Electronics
    One teen has already lost a Nook
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• When I was using a laptop, I hooked an external ergonomic keyboard up because I hated the tiny keys and strange layout on the keyboard that came as part of the laptop.

Just Superbowl and laundry today, and listening to my daughter make her Little People characters play hide-and-seek in their barn. We'll have hot dogs and chips later.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I got really lucky.
    SO has a 32' HD TV 1080p hooked up as his comp screen. He was able to hook up his old 24" 1080p 3d 120 hz computer monitor up to my new laptop.

I will deal with the keyboard issues just so I can actually "see" the screen and finally get back to work.
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2013