S/O About High School

My high school was founded in 1958.
It was named Robert E. Lee high school and our banner was the Confederate flag.

In the late 80's the flag was deemed not PC and modified to current social norms.

The school is now considered :

North East School of the Arts (NESA)
International School of the Americas (ISA)
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)

What changes has your Alma Mater undergone?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 7:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in

• None to my knowledge. School was named after the township it's located in and the mascot is a Ram....nothing particularly offensive about either
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• None. My high school was named after the town it was in. We had the lamest mascot ever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Mine was founded in 1908 and nothing has changed. They are still the Cougars.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• There's a very big bold sign on the side of my old high school, above where the ashtrays were for the kids who took smoke breaks between classes. It says, "THIS IS A TOBACCO FRE SCHOOL. NO SMOKING ON SCHOOL PROPERTY." So now the kids line up with their feet in the gutter, just off the curb, so they can't get in trouble, and there's no place to put the butts.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Same name, new building. I'm facebook friends with some of the teachers that are still there and they put up pics of their old rooms being demolished. Weird to think of how many hours they spent teaching us all in there.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• None that I know of.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Established in the 1800s - we just built a new building, that was finished in 2011. I worked there for the last 12 years. The biggest change is the addition of all current technology!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Last I heard, the school stopped letting the kids have off campus lunch. Other than that, it's the same building, looks the same as it did when I graduated 20 years ago. Principal is the same too.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Not much has changed since it opened in 1955. Some renovations and additions and that's about it. Same old jock school, same old rich snotty, people at least as far as I know.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• The name of the street it's on changed, and the name of the neighborhood it's in changed. That's all.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2013