Is it ok?

I do want to know that if a couple is in an argument even if one of them is wrong is it okay for your husband to yell in your face and put his body kind of close to you. I do get scared when he does that and he has never touch me but I do get scared and I dont know what to do! What should I do? Ive said to him before that I dont feel comfortable him doing that to me but just few minutes ago he did it again. I feel very sad right now. I wish someone could give me a hug right now. I understand couples fight but I feel hes trying to intimidate me. Im crying really bad right now to realize he doesnt care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• No
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Sounds to me like he's being verbally/mentally/emotionally abusive, and bordering very close to, if not actually being, physically abusive. And having been there, I can tell you that the verbal/mental/emotional abusive can be just as scary as the physical.

It's not okay for him to do that to you, and if you feel that you can't stand up for yourself and make him tops, then you need to get out. Stay with family, friends or go to a shelter if you have to. But if he scares you, you shouldn't stay.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Absolutely not. It's intimidation. It's mental abuse, and implied threat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• That is exactly what he is doing, he is using his body and his attitude to intimidate you. This is considered unfair fighting in a marriage. If you can try to get you both to a relationship counselor and specifically state that this (fighting) issue is the mjor thing you want to work out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• No it's not ok for him or anyone else to try to intimidate you like that, and he knows this.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• no it is not ok. He is doing it to intimidate you.
    Jentily

Answer by Jentily at 9:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• There are some people that are ok with it, but since you obviously aren't and you have told him so, it sounds like he is doing it just because it scares and upsets you. That is a sign of an abuser. They will use whatever means they have to to intimidate their victim. If you don't want to leave (which is one option) you could always tell him either we go to counseling or you will have him arrested the next time it happens.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Absolutely positively NO it is not all right.

Please call 211... its' a social services hotline and can help you find the counseling services you need. At the very least you need that.

And the next time he tries to intimidate you with his body, LEAVE.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• hugs

Answer by admckenzie at 2:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2013

• Thank you all for your comments and support and thanks for the hug!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2013