How many moms here get aggravated when....

A certain person only buys stuff for one dd but not the other esp if they dnt do it to their kids? Or when all they want is to take my dd and not even say hi to my other dd...both kids have same mom and dad so not one of those issues Shee's also always asking me to give her my dd that she fa ors who is 3 and other is 1. How do I go about this besides sayin no as I have been then she buys hsr stuff ugh so stressed right now ;(

mamide02ninas

Asked by mamide02ninas at 8:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• I can't understand your question.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Who is this person to your kids? Because that makes a big difference as to how it should be handled. It sounds like you need to talk to the person and tell them that if you do for one they need to do for both. At the same time if the event is something that only your older dd would appreciate why get mad that they won't spend the time or money on the littler one who won't appreciate it.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Its my bil girlfriend and she buys dd a big toy car and ddnt othee dd even a rattle :(
    mamide02ninas

Comment by mamide02ninas (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Honestly your younger daughter is only one. She doesn't know or care that her sister is getting more. When she is a bit older, if it keeps happening, then make an issue of it. Right now it is still okay.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:21 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• Well, if I am understanding your question correctly, this is an issue I am having with my daughter's children right now. The older one is fine... the younger one, not so much. I cannot buy something for both (even though I'd love to) for every birthday. Yesterday I took the older one to buy an outfit for a special occasion last night... I wound up having to buy an outfit for both girls. I didn't have money for that...... It's up to the parents to teach that to the child. Daughter did a great job with the first child, but not the second.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• I don't agree, I think if it bothers you and there really is an issue, deall with it now, otherwise your setting the precedent for the future, your1 yrs old cannot feel it but your 3 year old will soon catch on and question it. Talk to your bil about it and your husband and come to an agreement, maybe encourage them to spend time rather than money on your children unless it's for occasions etc. People will say maybe it's because she's only 1 and that's why she doesn't bring her gifts, but it's the not showing her any time or love that's the more concerning part, I wouldn't be having itif it were me.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• M-avi I completely agree with what your saying too, I knew families growing up that. Bought gifts for all their kids when it was only 1 child's birthday, I never got that, ridiculous, they have to be taught different occasions come up for different people at different times, that's not what I u understood from this post though, but seriously I often misunderstand things on here lol
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• i would go ahead and talk to this person about the issue if anything she could buy a present keep it till she has money to buy another present and give them both at the same time or if its a congrats present then eventuakky youlld have to teach them both about that situation but there shouldnt be any favoring one and not the other especially since the first kid always usually gets alot of attention any way its the second babies turn but thats just my opinion but i would tell this person if she wants to spend time with just 1 chikd she can take turns with them one day take one and the next time take the other one its only fair
    notasha.taggart

Answer by notasha.taggart at 11:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2013

• i would say because younger one is a baby

if they were older, i would say a problem
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2013